Customers often ask how a Carbon Equivalency calculation can be added to their Oxford Instruments, Mobile Spectrometer. Below is a basic outline of how to add the information.
1. On the main operator screen click the Utilities button
2. Click Crete/Change alloy on the popup window
3. Select the iron base needed for effective analysis. In this case we’ve selected FE 100, Low Alloy Steel.
4. Add a file name to the Calculation file and then hit the Edit button
5. Copy and paste the CE calculation is required and add the number of decimal places being reported too
6. Click OK twice and then click Return to Main Menu. The instrument is now ready to perform a CE calculation in the field. For more information contact Verichek Technical Services, Inc.