When should an organization buy, rent or outsource equipment for positive metal identification purposes? That depends on the short and long term goals of the organization. Below are a few examples of when it’s a good idea to buy, rent or have a third party come in and conduct the PMI analysis.
Time to Buy
You should buy a metal analyzing spectrometer when:
- Doing so lowers operating costs
- Reduces time and money spent sending samples to a laboratory
- Increases in-house quality control and product reliability
- The process dictates a quick turnaround analysis to proceed to the next step
- Because the large volume of pieces to sort exceeds current capacity
- The cost of buying an instrument or employing a third party vendor poses too much of a burden
- Trained operator is on staff who can perform the sort and reliable equipment is available for a unique event
- When metal analysis is not part of the core business and the need occurs on an irregular basis
- The cost of training an operator, buying or renting equipment is too expensive
- Third party vendor is required to perform the analysis to your specifications
For assistance in determining which path is best for your organization contact Verichek Technical Services, Inc. today.