Accurate measurement of the retained austenite levels is important in the development and control of heat treatment process in steel industry.
X-Ray Diffraction (XRD) is considered the most accurate method available that can accurately determine retained austenite levels down to 0.5%.
The integrated intensities of the austenite (220) and (311), and the ferrite (200) and (211) diffraction peaks are measured on the AREX diffractometer. The use of multiple diffraction peaks minimizes the effects of preferred orientation and allows interference from carbides to be detected.
ARE X is a fixed angular range X-Ray Diffractometer equipped with the most modern technical features which grant accuracy, precision, safety and easiness of use, especially designed for quantitative determination of Retained Austenite.
ARE X is the unique instrument able to guarantee compliancy with the ASTM E 975 – 03.
Thanks to ARE X innovative concept, Retained Austenite volume percentage can be measured in few minutes, just placing the sample and pressing start button.
- In compliance with ASTM E 975 – 03
- High stability X-ray generator through precision feedback control circuits
- Automatic ramp of the high voltage and emission current to preset values
- High power and brilliant glass and ceramic Mo X-ray tubes: 60 kV
- High focussing mono-capillary collimator
- 2 Theta range: 27 to 40°
- Sample holder: 110 x 150 mm
- High resolution CCD speed detector
- Acquisition time < 5 min
- Radiation enclosure with double safety circuit
- Calibration included
- Power connection: 230 Vac +/- 10%, 50 or 60 Hz, single phase
- Maximum mains current: 40 A Main fuse: 32 A
- Maximum power consumption: 5 kVA
- Ground terminal: 6 mm 2
Power supply voltage fluctuation must not exceed 10%
- Minimum flow rate: 4 l/min
- Maximum pressure: 6 bars
- Maximum inlet temperature: 35° C (minimum depends on dew point)
If the flow rate is lower than 4 l/min, the safety circuit for protection of the X-ray tube is activated, disabling the X-ray generating circuit. When minimum conditions of flow-rate cannot be fulfilled, use the water chiller, available as an optional extra.